Thanks to Samurai Frog, who pointed me towards this list of 20 Things Every Sci-Fi Nerd Should Own Physically & Emotionally...
1) Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack
I was never much of a Conan fan, though if I were I suspect I'd have wanted someone other than Arnie to play that particular Hyborian hero. As to the soundtrack...?
2) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
I have read this but honestly preferred the film. It is still on my bookshelf though, so I guess I score one point here.
3) The Twilight Zone Collection
Yes. The original US box set with TZ companion book included. Rod Serling is a genius.
4) The Original Star Wars Trilogy – WITHOUT ANY ADDED CRAP
I have the original VHS videos upstairs in the attic, pre-Special Edition, though I think even they had been mucked around with prior to release. I'll count that as a yes, even though I haven't watched them in years.
5) A Profound Hatred for Star Trek Enterprise
I never watched any Star Trek apart from the original Kirk & Spock series, but I don't have any particular hatred for the other series. Enterprise was the one with Scott Bakula, right? How can anyone hate Scott Bakula? (Louise went to college with Scott Bakula's niece. She got a signed photo as proof but she's lost it now.)
6) The Lord of The Rings Extended Edition, The Soundtracks and all of the books
Never liked Orcs.
7) A Profound Sadness for the Way Battlestar Galactica Ended
Never seen it, though Louise has been watching the DVDs and is preparing herself for a let down.
8) A Passionately Favorite Version of the REAL Doctor Who
By "real Doctor Who", I guess you're referring to the pre-revival era? Personally, I don't think of that as any more real than the current incarnation. The Who I grew up with was Tom Baker and I also had a great fondness for Peter Davidson. My favourite Doctor of all time may well be Matt Smith though...
Half a point?
9) A Fear That Will Smith Will Someday Star in The Movie Adaptation of Your Favorite Book
I Am Legend is a favourite book and I had few problems with the Will Smith movie. I guess that's another:
10) Toys from Your Childhood That You Refuse To Part With
Huggy bear. (He lost his nose to a dog.) Not very sci fi, but I'll take the point.
11) The Belief that the Word Midichlorian Was Just from a Nightmare and NOT a real Star Wars Movie
I'll definitely take that point.
12) The Original Tron Movie
Y'know... I'm not sure I've ever ever seen it.
13) An affection for the TV show Firefly
"Affection?" We call it love round these parts.
14) A Hatred for Chris O’Donnell
Why? Because he wasn't Burt Ward? Nah, I don't hate O'Donnell. I might hate Joel Schumacher... if it wasn't for Falling Down.
15) You Know Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics
16) You think Cheetara is HOT!
Thundercats was after my time.
17) You Believe Aliens are our REAL Gods
Am I trying to get my Sci Fi Nerd Badge or my Complete & Utter Numbskull Badge?
18) You Have a Favorite Animated Cult Sci-Fi Movie
Can't think of one.
19) You Blame Hot Rod for Optimus Prime’s Death
Transformers was (just) after my time.
20) You DESPISE Michael Bay for Masturbating on your Childhood
No, I despise George Lucas for that. Michael Bay is just an idiot. If I despised idiots, I'd never leave the house.
Seven and a half out of twenty? Guess I can't claim my badge. I suck at everything...